Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What is in a career

What is in a career? Right now I am going to say- stability. Though I may have career confused with having a great job, but if I take a longer view, being ‘trained’ for my field seems to give me some warm hope of a career. It seems to me that this would increase my value to an employer and to my field.

Having a liberal undergraduate education, I believe, prepares me for a supporting role inside of an organization, but it does not qualify me as a ‘decision-maker’, (yet on the flip side does not make me the “responsibility-taker”)

So, becoming professionally trained in a field, graduate school creates a sense of professional growth.

But, what profession? Here are two programs I am investigating

Miami University, Miami, OH
Master of Fine Arts in Fiction and Poetry

http://www.units.muohio.edu/creativewriting/


University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OH
Master in Arts of Communication

http://asweb.artsci.uc.edu/communication/grad_info/grad_require.htm

No comments: