Friday, September 7, 2007

Good news!

The Graduate Register Evaluations test announced via their website, they are not going to be overhauling the test in October, as earlier threatened by the testing company. GRE associates claim that such a change would restrict access to some groups.

Though this does not officially change anything for me- since I was planning to take the test before the changes, it does allow me to stretch my legs a tiny bit and take the test in November rather than October.

Though the test is not changing completely, it has announced that there will be two new questions on the test, one verbal and one mathematical. There are sample questions on the homepage.

Not all graduate programs require the GRE, the University of Cincinnati’s Communications Degree, Miami University’s Creative Writing Degree and Northern Kentucky University’s Masters in Public Administration Degree all require the score and these are few of the programs are of interest to me.

So as I continue to creep down the road towards getting all my ducks in a row to waddle off to the next big adventure, I will be cracking open my Kaplan’s GRE Study Guide and working my brain muscles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go, Danielle! I am so excited for you in general, and the GRE in particular is a huge step in the right direction. If you'd like to write any samples for the verbal part and share them with me, I'd be delighted to chime in, as needed and/or wanted.

I believe in you!

:-)