Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Part 2 Trashcans on Street Corners

Comment s made on the last blog by my dear friend Kris reminds me that setting a cup of logic next to your cup of emotion is good practice- especially when dealing with bigger problems that simple complaining is incapable of solving.

Getting involved with the neighborhood community activist group has been on my list of things to do since July, 2005. I have always wanted to get involved politically in order to enact change, but I have no plan to make such aspirations know...and roller derby takes up so much of my time, it does not seem feasible to add anything else to my plate, unless of course roller derby elevates me to a the status of local celebrity...

The problem with trash cans on street corners cannot be approached from the vantage point of -all or nothing- for even the smallest amount of interest in the community and its needs may be all that is necessary to get some attention drawn to our lonely littered street corners.

Kris, I think it is a great idea to use the location of schools as the foundation of the cause...especially since there are two schools located in my neighborhood, two blocks to the North and to the South. Quite a case for Columbia Street between 10th and 11th street to have trash receptacles.

More to come on this subject.

No comments: